hairy leg brigade

A bunch of bike riders who worship the journey and the coffee at the end more then their cycling image, some of them even have beards!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

chatter on race radio

It was only a few days ago that the chatter between Alex and Andy was getting ridiculous on race radio (phone SMS) this time SMS almost sorted out the sprint points for the day.

Andy "I'm soft. I admit it. I can hear the rain and know I'm a wimp"

Ash "Had to work late so I am hitting the soft button for today. Sorry Guys. Ride safe."

Alex "Mirror Mirror - I ride the best becaus I am a winner" chanted Alex

Alex "Mirror mirror on the wall who is the softest of them all?"

Alex "Got the bike ready but that wind is scary. I'll txt u in the am"

Alex "At 4:10 this morning we got the answer. It'€™s me. I hit the soft button first."

Joel "I slept through my alarm. Weak, I know."

Alex "Very heavy rain. Not riding, sorry"

5:10am

Michael "I woke up, got all the SMS's, checked the radar and saw that the ride would be ok"

As I was the only man standing even before the ride began, I decide I was the default winner in our game of chicken and went back to bed.

PS. not all the SMS's are attributed to the correct rider, nor are they necessarily for the same day.

 

posted by veggiedogs @ 11:08 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home